PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2014, 14:18
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TGR,

There was a production circa 1988 by Channel Television "A Day In The Flight Of", if ever one gets a copy I'd love it to show the kid(s). It was as Air UK introduced BAe146's on, in particular, the GCI/LHR route (Jets in GCI in those days were a rarity), I was the starring Ops Controller whereas we had to make up nonsensical situations and flight disruptions whilst I had wires up my trouser leg and around my b@lls etc.

By the time C4 (or whoever) filmed Sky Truckers (Cargo Lion) in 1997 I'd learned my lesson and about the only clip of me in that production is me sitting on a swivel chair, back to front, totally unshaven so much so that my own mother didn't recognise me.

Sure I did some filming for the production, including in many a bar and hostelry in Luxembourg, but they never used it much like they didn't use the footage of the director being medivac'd back to UK having been mown down by a motorcycle on a pavement in Accra

Right, enough of thread drift, back to subject please and a copy of "A Day In The Flight Of" please