PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spain sees the light, France next ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2014, 13:48
Jet Jockey A4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To all of you who claim only English should be used in aviation communications... well I think you are smoking some really good stuff!

Give me an example of any accidents, incidents or of a near miss where a local language was directly responsible for such an event and I don't mean a Spanish person talking in a bad English... I mean a Spanish controller talking in Spanish to a Spanish pilot and the English pilot not understanding what was said in Spanish became involved in an incident or accident.

To the poster who claims all speeches are done in English by politicians at major event... What are you talking about? Are you on crack?

Most of the time when I see meetings between heads of states they either have a translator with them or an ear piece for simultaneous translation or they pretend to know was is being said because they have seen a translated version of that speech given to them ahead of time.

Look no further than the UN in NYC when they gather in the main hall for sessions... All of them have ear pieces to get the translation of the speech being made.

You "English" only guys better get off your high horses because it will never happen and it shouldn't happen.

My $0.02.