PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crosswind + turb - landings in the A320 Family
Old 13th Jun 2014, 12:13
Cough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a little too picky!

1 - As long as you put in the rudder sssslllllooooowwwlllyyyy - yup. But you will find me dipping the wing a couple of degrees during the process. If you 'kick' the rudder straight, you exceed the FBW effectiveness and will end up with the into wind wing going up.

2 - No. A nose down bias is applied thats all.

3 - On certain models with certain mods, the ailerons both go to full up deflection after touchdown, aileron on those models is pointless. Taxying with into wind cross control? Never done it, never needed. To be successful on this on light aircraft you have to have a constant idea where the LOCAL wind is (not just atc wind) as you have to reverse the controls when the wind passes the beam and you also have roll spoilers that deploy which aren't (normally!) present on light aircraft. The wind also channels around terminal buildings in horrible ways...

4 - I've removed my answer to this one.

5 - Applying aileron on takeoff means you can deploy ground spoilers. This can degrade your take off perf calc. Please be careful...

But - It doesn't matter what I've written above - The FCOM / FCTM is the gospel on this stuff. Under the taxi/takeoff/landing section, please check to see the recommended technique for crosswind operations.