PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seat auctions
Thread: Seat auctions
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2014, 10:00
Max Reheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Lookoutbelow....

This is a PILOT's Rumours network after all!

To answer a couple of your points... If you were in our position (ie in command of the aeroplane and the crew) then you would see what our Cabin Crew have to put up with on a very regular basis and you would see the reason for my use of the words 'lovely people'. I am sorry if that upsets or outrages you but we now sell the tickets so cheaply that indeed 'lovely people' can afford them and indeed they do!
Secondly, you are correct that staff travel is a perk and not a right. I would be the first to acknowledge that the passenger (who pays our salaries) must come first, BUT ONLY if he has paid the going rate for his ticket.
If I was a Diamond Card holder I would be mighty p'd off at this news. This despite a supposed canvassing of opinion amongst our most valued customers coming up with a resounding NO WAY to the project!
As an outsider, you are not privy to the recent savage attacks prosecuted by the Company on our conditions of service. As a passenger, if you fly with CX you are probably acutely aware and comforted that our standards are amongst the highest in the region, if not the world. Now, an airline markets itself to potential employees using conditions of service (which includes staff travel perks) as a big carrot. If those conditions are eroded, then ultimately the loser will be our standards because the high calibre pilot you have become used to won't be here any more and you'll just have to accept a higher risk when you travel!

Last edited by Max Reheat; 14th Jun 2014 at 00:55.