PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Congress Moves to Block Norwegian Longhaul from US Expansion
Old 12th Jun 2014, 23:03
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well bank angle i have learnt never to say never, but can't see it, more likely is MOL snapping up EK unwanted A350XWB's

I have no idea how the law stands on this one, the US/EU open skies allows any airline of either state to fly between any city pairs, at least that's the idea, it thought that this would encourage more airlines to fly more services, improve choice and result in lower fares, the result was the opposite, most US carriers still provide shoddy customer service and charge way to much compared with similar track mileages within the US

To be fair BA stand out as one airline who have not joined the anti Norwegian band wagon and that's probably because they know Norwegian are a bigger threat to US carries than BA who provide a far better service than the US airlines.

With 3 weeks to go until services start from LGW with 10's of thousands of tickets sold & 1000's of connecting tickets sold, plus all the accommodation pre booked i can't see this not happening, if the US were going to block this on valid legal or safety grounds they would have done so by now.

For those in the US reading this, you are right to have concerns over Norwegian's expansion into the US market, but for the wrong reasons, this is a very safety conscious airline that has won award after award throughout Europe for customer service, satisfaction and innovation.

Flying clog

Smoking holes? daft comment, if you think this is cowboy outfit i'd suggest you fly with them,most come away impressed and despite Spanish,Thai Eastern European, English crews it retains that Norwegian/Scandinavian culture....0-10%+ market share at LGW in under 2 years says it all.

I still go with a fudge "the US DoT has secured undertakings that flights between the US and Europe will be operated by crews meeting the spirit of the open skies agreement in respect of labour contracts blah blah"