PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2014, 18:00
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
Dozy, will you please read my post again. You utterly missed my point.

"Teach process" was a direct follow on to the post I replied to, and is shorthahd for training, which is what you rely on when you need it.
I didn't forget, sir - and I don't want to argue with you. Maybe it was my bad for misunderstanding, but the previous post to which you replied referred to "the stupid stall recovery [being] taught", which you actually underlined in your quote. Therefore it appeared to me that you were saying that "teach[ing] process" was a *bad* thing. Apologies if I got it wrong.

@noske - The mega-thread went on a lot about AoA indicators and mechanical stick shakers in the same way - but how does that help the other 5 "pulling up into stall" accidents when they all had shakers?

Also, I don't think the PF was pulling up because he consciously thought it was the right thing to do - I think he was flailing around because he'd become spooked (which I also believe was the case for several of the other incidents). The gauges present definitely seem to have told the PNF that something was up, but he didn't seem to have confidence enough to take charge.