PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paid training courses? (Training bonds?)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2014, 16:39
sobokow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Paid training courses? (Training bonds?)

As I do not have the money to pay for an £80,000 license now or anytime soon, I was thinking of applying for cadet schemes. It seems that all cadet schemes in the UK (and Europe I guess) give financial assistance in the form of monthly installments, segments etc. However even with this I will be unable to pay. Loans are out of the question (owning a mortgage or household in London would mean you would probably have the funds to pay out the whole training costs immediately).

What crazy airline will give free licenses & jobs in this economy right? However I have heard of these 'training bonds' (please correct me if I am not using the correct term) which require no payment and provide 'free' training and then you must pay back all the money (with some sort of interest?) when you come into employment with the chosen airline, even then some say that the salary isn't enough to cover the cost of the training previously given.

I have done some further research into this, however it all seems to be vague, but Cathay Pacific run something a scheme similar to this. Many have complained that they have terrible working conditions, failing medical tests due to stress, etc. I personally don't mind this, however it requires you to be a Hong Kong Citizen which is just another nightmare altogether.

So what I'm asking is, is there a scheme similar to this? Perhaps in the UK or somewhere else where I will be able to apply? Are there any sites/newsletters that I can apply for which keep me up to date on these schemes? Anyone offering to clear up pilot cadet programmes in general? Or is there some other form of financial aid that could work out? I understand that there is no such thing as a 'free' license.