PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2014, 09:12
Filtre de fadaises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget this is a rumour site, Airpolice, & Sid believes Boreham are trying to operate two machines, one of which we understand is fill-in for otherwise thin coverage North of London. Result of complaints?? It would be difficult to come to any other conclusion, even when other rumours talk of stretched finances.

As I understand it, the fancy upgrades being discussed in recent threads, will come from a capital budget (i.e. one-off) to upgrade older airframes, where there would not be the money to replace with new. Actually, this is the most sensible decision IMHO, (certainly from a cost point of view) since the airframes in question will all be CPDS machines, so most likely built after Serial No: 200 and therefore be mature, but not past it. It's just the Police kit that's been overtaken by technology in the 10 or so years that these aircraft have been operational, and therefore ripe for a mid-life upgrade, so long as the airframes can carry enough fuel to get them to jobs half an hour away . . . Ah, that's where we get back to Art's comments on 4th June . . .
The real test will be operational, as mentioned before, i.e. how the upgrade project is managed, while still trying to keep the fleet in the air with the spare aircraft that so much of the NPAS service & mantra is based on. Watch this space.

Still can't make emoticons work - my typing screen is yellow, rather than white. Any clues?

Last edited by Filtre de fadaises; 22nd Jun 2014 at 01:18. Reason: correct serial no error as pointed out by Brilliant stuff - sorry