PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 12th Jun 2014, 08:55
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
But it was the truth. It is the institution of the RAAF which is incapable of learning from errors and also copying the best from all around the world .
Far out! I was just thinking Dick was getting reasonable and he comes out with this kind of guff. 'Incapable of learning from errors' - insulting and wrong.

No wonder there was a delay - and with the pilot nervous that he would enter Controlled Airspace without a clearance ( licence most likely would have been suspended ) decided to go on the route that he had already been forced to plan.
No competent pilot would be unable to remain outside controlled airspace, or so scared of busting it he would pick the high terrain, icing prone route rather than wait a minute or two, and that 's not even mentioning the U/S instruments.

I am now considering running a major Australian Wide campaign recommending that our young people do not consider joining the military until it's clear that the hierarchy are actually listened too and the latest and most modern procedures can be introduced.
Well, you would be a total tool if you did that.

I think there will be unecessary deaths under the present system of " never change a rule- no matter if it is decades out of date".

It appears you only want to change rules that fit your own agenda, but hide it in terms of pretending to help others.

Yes. I will get a lot of flack - but that's happened before. In the long term many military people will possibly thank me for fixing some of the "resistance to change" problems.
Unlikely.