PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New UK Forces TV Channel Launched Today
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2014, 08:18
tyne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if the B52 comment was a slip of the tongue. The reporter was Geoff Meade former Defence Journo at Sky. I have met him a few times and he seemed then to know his stuff. A very odd thing to say as he would know better.

I am a civvy and a journo, who used to work very closely with the military, including SIMPRESS stuff.

This channel is at best amateurish.

The main woman newsreader has a very annoying way of breathing in. A sharp rasping intake of breath. As a broadcaster I know that is not the way to do it. I wonder if the Mic or processing is set up wrong. Either way it shouldn't happen.

Last night they screwed something up, the wrong pictures went out. Clearly a recorded bully because the mistake, and her apology was repeated. To make a boob is one thing, but to record it and re-broadcast it is really really ****. There is no excuse.

The reporter ouside the high court kept waving her hands around. Again just bloody amateurish.

None of the on-air team sounded or appeared good enough to be on mainstream national telly (Apart from Mr Meade)

The content wasn't at all bad though. A nice feature on a dog with a sore tooth, one on Lusty, military rowing teams.

A very small target audience though and I wonder how nice they have to be to the MOD. Would the access get harder if they started a debate about defence cuts, got Alan West in to have his say, interviewed some hippies outside Faslane, got a stroppy anti RAF farmer on about low flying etc?