PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 12th Jun 2014, 02:35
Clear2Land78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrival advice

Hey all. My arrival date is coming up at the end of the month. I had a few questions.

I just received a welcome packet email from Airservices. My questions are for those with experience from arriving abroad. I know that Airservices covers 6 weeks car hire. I was told I should buy a car in Melbourne. I know it seems cut and dry, but does anyone have any tips on how I should go about the process, i.e. Should I have a car for the first day or can I swing it with getting a ride from someone who has a car already (I would be more than happy to pay my share of gas) just until I can formulate a strategy.

If I require a car hire right away, can I get away with a taxi or car service to take me from the airport to the housing complex until I am rested and ready to deal with a car hire? Is there anything about a car hire in Australia that I should know that may catch me off guard?

Sorry to bug you all (it's late here in the United States and my nieces and nephews are worn their uncle out). But I do appreciate all the help. I still cannot believe that I am actually about to do this.

Thanks!