PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates cancels 70 A350 orders
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2014, 01:05
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swh,

1) The 787 wing has the same length, span, and sweep on all three models. Of course the heavier models will have a different wing join and internal strengthening. My 10 year old could figure that out, but it's still the same wing.

2) I never mentioned the 77W wing. But since you brought it up, do you think the "A350XWB family" has any chance of selling 1500+ as the 777 has? Were there two different wings, engines, and undercarriages defined before the first aircraft ever entered service? Is the A350XWB really a "family" at all or is it two different aircraft with a common type rating (a la 330/340)?

3) One of the early complaints about the -1000 was it being underpowered. You are correct to point out that this has been "rectified," but it's not the same engine as the Trent XWB on the -900.

4) Name calling doesn't strengthen your case, my underpowered comment was a side note (in brackets) to the main theme of my post which was to correct incorrect comments by Wild Goose. I maintain that there legitimate reasons to question the payload range of the "-1000" whether it be due to the engines, wings, or some other reason. Has Airbus even firmed the -1000's final configuration?