PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEP at Ryanair
Thread: DEP at Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2014, 16:01
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry, from what I understand the deal is bonded; how much for and for how long is unknown. Sim and ground school training more than likely conducted at East Midlands as this is where the level D sims are. They do use CAE in Amsterdam, but it is usually for cadet overflow. Expect to pay for your Hotac when training. Line training can be done anywhere across the network, this is rostered after the sim. The same Hotac scenario I'm affraid.

The deal will be per Storm McGinley. Contact them for rates. As a skipper expect 800-900 hours a year. Don't know what FOs are doing now, but presently it's a lot due to higher attrition. Things tend to die down more for FOs in the winter. Can't comment on what will happen later this year. If offered a permanent contract it will be per the base agreement. I believe this recruitment is base specific so when assigned a base you will be given the pay deal. I'd imagine a base will be assigned prior to training. This is unusual territory for Ryanair however it has been the case during previous DEP hiring.

UK base - maybe, but those within are seriously hoping this will not be the case. There are literally hundreds in both seats awaiting transfers and any parachuting of DEPs into UK bases with long waiting lists is going to cause tensions. My option only, so who knows?