PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2014, 11:04
Filtre de fadaises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"No wires or cables, must be a wifi system." Given it's an artist's impression to help "sell" their concept, they wouldn't want to show all the annoying (but normally necessary) cables etc, although the layout might allow some improved cable-hiding. Certainly the number of airframes involved will help to minimise/spread the cost per airframe of making it aesthetically tidier. There appear to be no floor rails or provision for tie-downs, therefore stretcher fitting or other carry-on equipment - although it might just have been too difficult/ not pretty/realistic enough for the photo-shopper to manage, but I'll bet they're still there?
It's a utility, rather than corporate aircraft, after all - though don't be at all surprised if those making the decisions aren't swayed by pretty pictures!

From a wireless point of view, I very much doubt that EASA/CAA have actually moved forward enough to allow it, especially if thinking about 3G, possible interference, and the number of radios they have on these machines.

"Costs? You'd have to ask elsewhere." Though likely to be higher than budgeted for, if the rumoured evidence of the last 18 months is anything to go by, I understand!

Emoticons & quotes not working for some reason?