PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Take on Pilot Demand - Flight international Comment
Old 11th Jun 2014, 09:29
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a shortage within the airlines, because they are greedy and want to keep costs down.

Bean counters have calculated that they can keep costs down, by not hiring more then the minimum crew at bases around Europe.

But when people leave, which I know is a big problem for loads of LoCo's now, they start crying that pilots are greedy and unfair, and start having to cancel flights, which cost the company much more than offering crews proper conditions.

If you treat people like sh..., how can they in their twisted logic expect any loyalty in return?
What goes around, comes around, and I predict within the next 6 - 12 months, there will be a few companies with massive pilot shortage, and it might end up costing them more then they think they are saving!

I just say good riddance they have created their nest, either change or accept million losses when hundreds of flights start getting cancelled!