PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2014, 01:27
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Firstly, my thanks to A320baby for their help in directing me to the lost property office in VNO. The jacket that had been left on the outbound flight (we were x4 adults + x2 small children disembarking) did follow the correct path and we collected it on our departure.

Wizz: My first trip (LTN~VNO~LTN) and my overall opinion is 'Average'.
  • As mentioned a few posts back, I think the website needs some changes of wording and better explanations.
  • The 'reserved seat' purchase is Priority Boarding and a seat in the first two rows, 12 seats. For me that means only 4 seats available (as I always want the window) AND the families with automatic P.B. will settle near the front. So your seat is too close to them, thus simple Priority Boarding is better for me and this was a waste of money. The website could have explained their definition of 'reserved seat'.
  • The CC announcements were almost unintelligible. They were gabbled at high speed, the mouth too close to the microphone causing distortion. The person spoke alternate lines in each language and I sometimes was not sure which language was being used.
  • When the commentary was made for The Dance, it was the same. I rate this as a particularly bad aspect of the service.
  • The info from the flight deck was poor for the same reasons, although not spoken quite as fast.
  • My arthritis found the seats hard and uncomfortable.
  • The inflight magazine advertised 'Twinings English Breakfast Tea' and then they served Lipton's Yellow Lable which (to my taste) is inferior and I avoid at all times. I was not impressed.
  • On the return sector, I asked for the Tea and a (popular) chocolate bar and said I would pay in ££. I was told, "Three pounds" and handed over a Fiver. I put the change and slip into a pocket and accepted the inferior Liptons once again.
  • When emptying my jacket pocket later, I checked the receipt and change and found that I was given £2. change but the receipt said £2.50 Given the elapsed time I could not challenge that I appear to have been shortchanged by 50 pence. I cannot see that this was accidental as I was told "Three pounds".
  • I then checked the details in the magazine and saw that the Tea and chocholate were priced in € and that I should have been charged €3 NOT £3 and at today's rate some £2.42 which might have been rounded to £2.50 but I still did not get the correct change.
  • The outbound (Dep 14:05) was on schedule.
  • The return (Dep 19:15) was 10 minutes late but that is not unusual at the end of the day. On arrival at LTN, I was therefore not surprised to see him put it down as quickly as possible and give firm braking (and above idle reverse) to make the turn off, as the machine had to make the return to VNO and no problem with that.
On these two sectors, not as bad as some carriers but certainly not the best. Particularly as most of the things I found irritating are down to the company - only one item of concern was due to CC. Had there have been an emergency, I did not have confidence that the annoucements would have helped.

Last edited by PAXboy; 11th Jun 2014 at 11:36.