PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2014, 00:20
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
I guess I'll have to dig out a reference for the hardware?

DOTE FY 2011 Annual Report | Page 28:
“...Block 2 and Block 3 Software Development Progress
-- The program intends to provide Block 2 capability for production lot 4 and lot 5 aircraft; lot 4 aircraft should begin to deliver in mid-2012. In the new plan, the program intends Block 2 to contain the first mission systems combat capability – including weapons employment, electronic attack, & interoperability.

-- Concurrent with Block 1 development and integration, the program began integration of initial Block 2A software using the Cooperative Avionics Test Bed (CATB) in early October 2011. The development team augmented the mission systems integration lab, which was busy supporting Block 1 tasks, with the CATB as an integration resource. The new plan calls for the beginning of Block 2A flight test on F-35 mission systems aircraft before the end of November 2011. However, initial Block 2 integration task execution has fallen behind the new plan, having completed approximately half of the planned schedule, and leaving approximately 70 percent of integration tasks to go.

-- Block 3 development is slightly behind the new plan with only 30 percent of initial Block 3 having completed the development phase. In the new plan, the program simplified Block 3 to two production releases instead of three in prior planning and schedules. The program plans the first release, Block 3i, to contain no substantive increase in functions or capability. It will re-host the final Block 2 capability on the upgraded “Technical Refresh 2” processor hardware set. The program intends Block 3i capability for production lot 6 and lot 7 aircraft.

Block 3f, the final increment, includes new capability. The program in-tends to deliver Block 3f for IOT&E & the final lots of low-rate production...."
http://www.dote.osd.mil/pub/reports/...nualReport.pdf (42Mb)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/76973783/A...2011-JSF-brief

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 11th Jun 2014 at 00:28. Reason: textad