PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEP at Ryanair
Thread: DEP at Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2014, 20:01
space pig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep dreaming . Just another carrot I would say and they are hoping you will follow it until the recruitement is back on track.

the majority of the Captains is applying for other companies as we speak.If offered a base close to home they will probably stay, but after trying for so long without any responses to a base change request, I very much doubt they will suddenly change that Policy.

There is no effort from their side, that shows that they want you to stay, in fact their business model is based upon a system that they make money out of it's workforce:You pay your own simulator sessions(!), own typerating, your own uniform, your own crewmeal, your own hotel,no duty pay, no DH pay, no pay for attending courses, sent to a base you do not want , zero hour contracts, no sick pay, no pension etc.
The Policy is you should leave asap, so new cadets could be hired on which a lot of money can be made...is has worked this system,in the past, but now so many are leaving and mostly captains and experienced FO's it is becoming noticable around the network, with most doing around 90-100 hrs a month, that something needs to change.

The idea that the pilots are an asset not a burden has not reached the higher echelons yet: it is much cheaper to keep good pilots then trying to find new ones...
and offering new pilots bases that the current workforce wants is not going to help the current pilots deciding to stay so it will actually work counterproductive.

My own personal opinion that is(and of many others I speak to)

Last edited by space pig; 16th Jun 2014 at 22:45.