PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medals and Evening Dress
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2014, 18:21
Chugalug2

Received 226 Likes on 70 Posts
THS, Hydromet, thank you gentlemen for confirming that the ladies do indeed sport their medals though not necessarily always the miniatures at civilian dress do's . Like TTN I don't recall ever seeing ladies in evening dresses so attired, but they obviously do if so encouraged (by the other ladies attending perhaps).

As TTN states, times change, and with men and women operating side by side with equal roles and status these days any ideas of one rule for one and another rule for the other should be swiftly stepped on. If I, like TTN, am prepared to face amused looks from the younger generation then it is beholden on them to proudly display their far more impressive arrays.

Perhaps my attitude is patronising. It isn't supposed to be but if so I apologise. Perhaps as a mere man I do not understand any practical problems involved, such as spearing an expensive dress with the pin of a medal brooch. Perhaps I ought to get out more and then I would see plenty of miniatures being worn by plenty of ladies, but if not then I for one say what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

Wear your medals for us please ladies or mine for one will go back in its drawer, and then think of the amusement you will be denied! If any ladies wish to break cover then please let us know your thoughts about this apparent inequity, if indeed it exists at all.