PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurofighter Tranche 3 to be axed ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2003, 10:40
knobjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WEBF,
Please stop your uneducated drivelings, a lot of the people who browse this forum are military operators who wish to share their experiences and options across a variety of postings. You, however, are someone who wants desperately to be in the military who contributes to the military forum with uneducated analysis or conjecture.

Those of use who flew any type of fast jet around the time of Sierre Leone, not just the ac involved, know all about the whys and wherefors of which ac were used and for what reasons.

Now this thread is about Tranche 3 Eurofighter, WTF do you know, or have to contribute, about the governments deliberations of whether to buy Tranche 3?

There has been much deliberation of whether the government should buy any Eurofighters, some Eurofighters, all of the Eurofighters initially ordered. As operators, very few of us have the chance of experiencing either of the jets (JSF or Eurofighter). But we all have our opinions as operators from what we've seen on paper - can they be achieved? Who knows?

WEBF, please don't get the impression that I'm down on you especially, there are a lot of uninformed people who talk sh**e on this forum, but you are punching above your weight on this topic, having never been in the military proper, never mind being a fast jet operator.

Maybe we will buy 232 Eurofighters, maybe we will buy only 100, who knows whether they would have worked in Sierre Leone, Kosovo, Bosnia or the Gulf as AD or OS assets, maybe we will see in the future?

One thing I do know is that WEBF knows Sweet FA about FJ ac and their requirements.

WEBF, please stop talking about stuff you don't know about - I would never dare challenge your knowledge of the history of the RN!