PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Wright brothers just glided in 1903. They flew in 1908.
Old 10th Jun 2014, 13:26
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dubbleyew eight

I agree with you. HARAKA's argument is amazingly dumb. He won't enter the entire book "Kill Devil Hill" into evidence. And really, who cares what PEARCE says?

Haraka, if the wrights didn't do what they said they did, how come every plane you have flown (assuming no home builts) paid homage to the wrights with royalties?

How come the state of ohio has a license plate proclaiming the birth of aviation and the state of north carolina has first in flight on their license plate ?

Folks like Haraka are just lonely and troll to get attention.

And weakest of all are the attempts to say that coordinated control isn't needed and its OK to slop a plane around on rudder alone.

While ailerons, spoilers, wing warping are all related, I can't think of any plane built that is in general use without at least one of the above. AND ON TOP OF EVERYTHING the wrights included ailerons in their patent.

The wrights figured it all out and put it all together.

And if HARAKA can prove it otherwise, let him overturn the patent. UNTIL SUCH TIME that he does, I hope he will SHUT THE F$% up.

Sad, revisionist crank. I'll even bet QUEENS flight has paid the royalty to the wrights for that dopey little plane she flys around in.