PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 10th Jun 2014, 09:01
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You rarely see a more agitated person than my DAME come medical time. He waves his arms around and punches the buttons on his computer. "If only I had a book to look it up," he says in exasperation, then rings some idiot number about three times to get a speaking voice. Crazy stuff - the way they change the rules firstly I get advice don't worry about eyes or fasting for fluids this time but do a Stress ECG anyway cos they load you up with so many points at your age and you will have to. So I ran up that hill and kicked a bit of butt at the top, then get to the Doc, "Oh yeah, now they say eye test too and did you fast?" Drive another 1200 K round trip a few days later for an eye test and then on another day 600K for the blood sucker after fasting.

The real idiot part is this; last year at 65 no eye test for 5 years, this year eye test every 2 years after and including 66th birthday. "Oh, what about every second year from 65 cos I had one then?" Oh No you simpleton, that would be too easy, go figure.

The doc reckons the oldest other Class I medical in this area apart from me is about 20 years my junior, I always tell him, "they're the ones you gotta worry about mate, still wearing brylcreem and ray bans".