PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2014, 03:08
Cessnapilot1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAAF Pilot Screening

Hello everyone!

After having spent a good 2 days reading through the entirety of this thread, I have found a lot of great information. It's great to see such a sharing of knowledge and advice!

A little bit of context... I'm 21, and I'm halfway through a business degree. I have approximately 100 hours of flight experience and I would say I am somewhere between GFPT and PPL. I've always had a passion for aviation, and I've been airborne since I was 14 (which meant some interesting driving lessons involving both pedals!)

My YOU session and got a full career option result with 3 year validity, and I have the Pilot Specific Testing next Monday. So far as reading gauges, spatial awareness, or hand-eye is concerned, I feel relatively prepared, and I am doing some extra practice *cough* video games *cough*. One thing I'm not fully sure of is the mathematical component, but I am going over my mental flight arithmetic as much as possible.

In any case, I am hoping that next Monday goes well, because I am actually feeling more anticipation for this, than the assessment session! I'd rather have the chance to "sell" myself to actual people than to a computer program! If I'm successful, I'm hoping to go through ADFA. With the "Jump Up" program, I've heard I could potentially get credits from my current studies for their equivalent courses... Alternately, DEO would also be quite appealing, and I have both listed.

One big concern I have though is that I am short sighted, and have glasses (fully corrected). Will this impact on my application?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice!

Thanks,
Robert