PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help Setting Up Wifi Please
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2014, 21:23
Edac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Setting Up Wifi Please

I just moved in with my grandparents who have internet connection from a cable connected to the back of a Ubee DVW325 cable modem. From there, to connect to the internet, they connect an ethernet cable from the back of the modem to the side of their laptop, and they have internet. My wife and I have smart phones with a small amount of data on our plan, so I want to connect them to wifi. I had a network set up at home with my D-Link DIR-868L dual band router, and an ethernet cable connected to the back of it. So I just plugged the ethernet cable from the side of my grandparents computer to the back of my router, turned on the router, and the networks show up, but there is no internet access. There is still internet access if I hook the ethernet cable to the side of the laptop. So, I know the router is working fine, and the internet is working fine, I just can't seem to get the router to recognize the internet. When I turn it on, the power light turns green, but the globe stays orange, and I think it's supposed to be blue.

If anyone knows what I should do, please let me know. I've tried running network diagnostics, which said I needed to reset the mode, so I did, several times, to no avail. Still no internet over wifi.

Thanks in advance!