PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook
Thread: Thomas Cook
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2014, 18:17
JonnyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If everything runs normal then this wouldn't happen but in the real world thinks break and everything is done to a budget!!

I believe that that the flight sim near gatwick was out of action for around 2 weeks earlier in the year so that lead to delays in retraining the crews from 757 to airbus.

Its a simple case of costs and it looks like tcx tried to start training late in the winter rather than end of last summer.

Hopefully for glasgow next year they will start the training end of summer and not wait until 2015 to start.
Everything is done on a budget these days and that's understandable especially with the financial troubles TCX have had over the last few years.

But surely, if you're saying it's a simple issue of costs, this is costing them dearly. I would take a good educated guess that this will be costing them a lot more than not training them as scheduled. Having brand new A321s on the ground, leased aircraft coming into operate these routes and having long, long delays (especially at BRS) cannot be coming cheap! Could they not have accessed other training sources whilst this was out of order or does training need to be done via "approved" sources so to speak?

Let's hope it all gets sorted with summer coming into full swing. I'm really happy to see these new A321s at NCL but it's not good seeing them on the Tarmac for quite long periods.