PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firefox
Thread: Firefox
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2014, 08:59
ExSp33db1rd

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Booglebox

Firefox LTS will automatically switch you to the next major LTS version at a certain time.
Don't mind that if the LTS version works as well as the present one.

KelvinD

HSBC Offshore, someone in the I.o.M. I accept that sending stuff back and forth to them - like the Secret Word and the "token" - by snailmail to / from the bottom of the World does take some time, but it was last September when I started the trail!

The Voice on the Telephone just said that they had reports that customers were reporting staring at a blank page, as I was, i.e. it had logged me in OK, then "obtained data" from HSBC, and the progress wheel thing had stopped rotating, but the page was totally blank, no logo, no data, zilch. and in every case reported the customer had been using Firefox or Chrome, and he suggested that I used I.E. which worked straight away, no problem.

What are you missing ? I had no problem with FFX until about a month ago, when I was prompted to download " the latest version" - can't remember the number I'm afraid. After that, having opened maybe 2 or 3 tabs, and attempting to open another, I got the message that Firefox was already open, and that I had to close it and re-open, or maybe even re-start my computer.

I couldn't work out how to close down Firefox, and always had to totally re-start my computer to continue my browsing, doing this every 30 minutes or so was somewhat irritiating - to put it mildly! Following the advice to instal the LTS version all came good again, and I had no repeat until I foolishly accepted a demand to upgrade again whilst scrutinising a "registry" repair site - not sure how that came up, but I initially fell for it. Eventually I went back to the LTS version and - so far - no repeat of the problems I faced.

I'm happy with Firefox at the moment, but if I continue to get hassled I'll go back to Chrome !