PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firefox
Thread: Firefox
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2014, 04:15
ExSp33db1rd

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Just spent 10 minutes writing this, and it zapped off into Cyberspace when I wasn't looking - I hate computers, the old Remington typewriter never did that ! ( if this proves to post twice, apologies )

Start again ........ Following my enquiry on a previous thread about Firefox, I was advised to do this by "booglebox" (eternally grateful, thanks).........

Quote ... Anyone who hates the latest version of Firefox: take the LTS version and get security updates too.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/

I followed that advice and regained my faith in Firefox again, i.e. back to normal, fast and stable and didn't keep switching off, except that being sucked into some Registry checking thing that I didn't initiate, last week, I accidentally downloaded the latest version of Firefox again and back we went to all the problems, so I repeated the above and calm and serenity was restored.

As a result I'll never upgrade to a newer version of Firefox, happy with what I know - just like the Word 97 programme that I still use, Office 365 fcuk off.

Except that last week I spent almost a whole 8 hour day with HSBC in the UK at International telephone rates- albeit on some cheaper VOIP thing - trying to get started with their telephone banking sysetm - they took 10 minutes everytime to send a verification code by text to my cellphone on the other side of the World -and yes, I do know the name of my first dog, and my first car, and where my father was born, and No, I'm not trying to move 20 Trillion dollars to some 2nd Lt. in Al Queda, thank you, so eventually I was accepted for Internet Banking using one of those button pressing gadgets that they had sent me a few months ago when I sent them a Secret Word that I promptly forgot.

First time I tried to check my account having jumped through all the hoops, I got a beautiful, totally blank, white screen. Back to the telephone to be told " Oh, didn't we tell you ? You can't use Firefox or Chrome, only Internet Explorer."

Oh, for fcuks sake, give me strength.