PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grand Canyon Accident: Pilot killed in AS350 rollover
Old 8th Jun 2014, 22:35
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread has become something about the technicalities of logging time in pilot log books compared to manufacturers recomendations: ridiculous!

TC is beyond learning , he has retired with a 'clean slate' (i presume), doesn't make him 'right' tho.

Respect for the fallen: total, not all they were cracked up to be ? possibly; but "cometh the hour cometh the man", total respect!

Freedom and national philosophies: America; founded on freedom, judgement of the individual is permissable, nay prized. Europe (England); spawned these values of freedom, the foundations, upon which America sits; now believes in the 'nanny state' in which laws 'protect you' are there for your own good, because the 'state' (apparently) knows better! (Do they?). Russia; Great experts, academically brilliant, determined exactly how an operation should be performed, dictated it and the citizens had to 'obey' - FAILED. UK/Europe now becoming like that, ironic in the extreme, denigrating to 'our' fallen who fought for freedom, now we are to be shackled by the 'state' by those who apparently know better: ridiculous!

The freedom of this man to do what he saw fit is more valuable than the enslavement 'we' have to endure as 'we' head for a totalitarian dictatorship.

I do hope that we can preserve the freedom of good men to make judgements and to 'self determine' - without it innovation is lost and the development and inginuity that drove mankind forward is abandonned.

There will be downsides with freedom, as there are in any complex sytem, but the upsides are greater.

I am aware that someone might go back to my flying information from 1973 and find what I did (which was fun at the time), measured by todays standards, thoroughly Politically Incorrect and send me to jail ! But at least I experienced the freedom at the time to do what I thought was appropriate. Now the freedom has gone, I wasn't doing anything wrong, they just TOOK my freedom to do it anyway.

Freedoms fought for:
EASA get F@*£$D

Remember the fallen:

They shall grow not old

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.