PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2014, 22:25
exeng
Mistrust in Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody builds their retirement around staff travel. I'm sure ex speedbird did not.

However he (as were many of us) were made promises which quite simply were not kept. Bit like the BA pensions fiasco where we were promised that those of us who elected to stay in APS (and not take the money) would be protected. Won't go into the details of the mess that followed but ex speedbird will have the full picture.

Such promises keep one loyal to the airline be it ex daylight division or long haul baron. To break those promises is quite simply immoral - that is BA management.

Back on subject. The program was OK although I'd had enough of Cabin Crew training and went off to the study for a fag. The silly 19 year old who couldn't speak properly should never have been taken on in the first place - felt sorry for her because BA screwed up yet again in the interview process.

The large fellow who was given the boot. As always you feel for anybody who fails - but that is life and I hope he learns something from it all. (Looking at the big hand and the little hand will be a good start)

The bubbing after the big chap got the boot left me in a bit of amazement. In life people sometimes fail - we don't all have to take a 15 minute bubbing break. Have a chat with him later and buy him a couple of pints - all sorted (oh and tell him what the big hand and the little hand actually mean)

All in all not a bad prog for the Beeb and good free advertising for BA.

I will get the Mrs (ex longhaul purser) to watch the other progs and let me know if any are worth catching up on.

Very much looking forward to anything on engineering in BA. Also interested in in Flt Ops as I went over to the 'dark side' from engineering many years ago.

Kind regards
Exeng