PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Cranwell education
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2014, 20:20
The_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Additional fitness...?

Yep I agree with you OJT would be better.

Really don't see the sense in extra fitness if I'm honest. If they can't be fit on their day of entry then they don't deserve to start the course. And in any case, if by that age they haven't cottoned on that they are entering the Armed Forces and that a certain standard of fitness is expected then they are in the wrong profession. In the first week, they should be given a fitness test and told that their first chop point decision depends on them passing the fitness test. Get on with remedial in your own spare time.

More time should be spent in man-management (sorry person management) cos that's what some of them might have the fortune to do, or Appraisal writing or Airpower studies, or how to lead Adv trg or a Staff Ride or studying the characteristics of great leaders....

I wonder if the tempo of deployments have had an impact on our syllabus?

Don't know if the foreign station visits still happen, and whilst something to look forward to, better value could be got from UK visits - Air Comd, JHC, JFC, Waddo, etc Or a multi-trade HQ like the JFAC that would show them how the trades all complement each other. These would at least give them something to aspire to later in their career.