PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bomber pilot helped land airliner after captain fell ill
Old 8th Jun 2014, 09:48
rh200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to be a few people with penis envy in relation to this particular problem. Obviously I'm wrong, but I thought it was standard procedure to see if there's any one to help out.

As for preference to pilots, and have p!ssing contest in being "qualified", you are entirely correct technically. From a practical hands on viewpoint, I would think a fellow pilot, who's used to heavy high performance aircraft, might be a bit more of a help, than maybe a 152 pilot, if it was to hit the fan .

Since when does a military bomber pilot have the credentials and / or experience to 'assess' a civilian jet transport pilot operating an aircraft they are completely unfamiliar with and not qualified on in a totally different environment than what they are accustomed to ?
I would think by the time you get to that level, making an assessment if somebody's "loosing it" or not is most likely up their ally. Like all senoir people in, or out of the military in a senior position, evaluating abnormal situations would be par for the course. People do and have fallen apart under unusual circumstances, we are only human.