PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VietJet Air "NEW" Improved Terms
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2014, 02:43
Stewsan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vietjet for a year

I actually worked at Vietjet for about a year, so this opinion comes from the horses mouth. I also did one and a half years at Cebu Pacific. I enjoyed both places, number one was Cebu but Vietjet was ok also. The reason I left is I received an excellent job offer. So:

I was hired at VJ, over the age of 55, DEC and my pay averaged $13K per month. I stayed in a new 2 bedroom condo ( $850 per mo. ) a stones throw from the airport, which was a big plus from the :45 minute commute in Manila. There are great restaurants that have no problem catering to expats, I found the people for the most part to be very accommodating. The flying was good, no problems with maintenance, the only real headache was the inexperienced FO's who thought, with 500 hrs TT, they were co-Captains and thus argued constantly with the Captains. They bought there way in for $30K USD, and never had proper crew training. The other negative, is the roster. You have no idea what tomorrow brings until maybe 8PM the night before. Want to plan a dinner, only on days off. They will try to take from you but they cannot.

It's a great place to build time, I enjoyed my stay there with the exception of some of the crappy FO's and the roster. I'd go back tomorrow if something happened to my current job as the retirement age has been extended to 65 now, from what I've heard. I'd just put a no fly on a dozen FO's, as many of the Captains have done.

One more point, the training is very short, so after the interview, you'll be on line within a couple weeks, depending on if you have all your paperwork together.

Good luck!