PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming an Instructor & related FI questions
Old 3rd May 2003, 01:38
Genghis the Engineer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts
If people didn't talk about what they'd done in aviation Pprune would be a bit dull! And if people didn't want to read about it, WH Smiths wouldn't be full of aviation magazines.

I suspect from her later posts that Whirly may agree with you that the constant posts didn't necessarily do her any good, but it's not out of order to congratulate somebody for achieving something - whether it's a license, rating, marriage, baby or medal if they'd had to do some work towards it. It just happens that on PPrune we tend to restrict the praise for people who have achieved aviation goals.

Also many PPruners know each other as friends and colleagues and like to know what each other are up to.

I don't share Whirly's specific goals but have enjoyed reading about her aiming for them, just as I've no particular desire to be Prime Minister but enjoyed John Major's autobiography. Reading both was of-course entirely optional on my part.

(Remarkably little mention of Edwina Curry in both).

G