PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 8th Jun 2014, 01:17
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Y R
This fella was under enormous pressure at this stage of the flight.And what are pilots trained to deal with, and how to make decissions His judgement was impaired and as such he made the wrong decision.You Bet! I don't think anyone is going to say that was not the case. Seems to me not, however some seem to discount the value of your statement when it suits their political agendaThe point is. He should not have had to be placed into that position. Correct, he should not have put himself there to begin with, but even when he did, he continued with bad decissions, fatal ones.Had he been able to costal the accident would not of happened. Can you say that's not true. That is not true, HE WAS ABLE TO, HE CHOSE NOT TOOr atleast agree that the margarin of error would have been largely reduced to great than a 90% chance of getting to a safe out come.I reckon the chances are he may have still lost it, unless he was in true VMC, and yes the coast route would have provided the far best outcome. The coast route was available all he had to do was take the clearance that was seconds away from being given, or if he was really in strife just entered anyway and declared HE REQUIRED it and taken it anyway.
As for you being dumb...I never said that, nor your dyslexic condition assuring that. Please try not to confuse me with others.

Jnr,
Some of you need to learn what an initial and pitch is, and then look up how close to the coat Williamtown is.

You have no chance of a coastal lane.
Just doing a normal approach to land on profile makes for easy study of the beach. No need for anything else to prohibit a coastal lane.