PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2014, 00:50
ExSp33db1rd

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
It is only those with a shorter length of service that lose concessions at some time.
bar none

Correct, but it is a new dictate that has only just been introduced, and retrospectively applied to the long retired - the only ones that are effectively being kicked out - to make room for present staff to take advantage of new "perks" - like taking a different "friend" every 6 months.

I don't begrudge present staff being able to enjoy better benefits, I just want what I signed up for, was promised, and worked for, which incidentally helped forge the airline that the present architects of this decision now have the privilege of "managing".

When QANTAS introduced a similarly restricted scheme, the long retired were left severely alone, couldn't take advantage of any new benefits, but were guaranteed what they had worked for. How enlightened and considerate.

Note that IBERIA staff can keep their benefits for life, as originally promised, and incidentally travel on BA services, as can any retiree from other airlines that BA have an "agreement" with, taking seats now so cruelly denied BA's own retirees. Barstewards.

Last edited by ExSp33db1rd; 8th Jun 2014 at 07:57.