PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Cranwell education
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2014, 21:48
The_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct decision

Yeah correct decision taken by you guys ..when the tanks are on the Plain and there's some doubt about whether they know you're there or not. My Staffie was in a land rover, and hit an AFV at night coming the other way. Broken ribs, cheek bone, leg, hand. Only thing that saved him was that he had his helmet on so when his head smashed into the windscreen, it wasn't his head that cracked. Super bloke and glad he made a full recovery.

Well some enlightening insights here - I wish that's where today's course was .. a bit more arduous putting people outside of their comfort zone in order to show people how to fight thru' or the role of leadership or allowing people to realise that people can have diverse strengths that can add to the team. I'm not saying make it a platoon commanders battle course - simply to use NAVEX, or field conditions to bring people out of their comfort zone.

I'm not up to speed on the content / format of the current course. I've heard there's a lot more academic been added on - I wonder at whose expense? One thing I did like was the 360 assessment during the Basic /Intermediate /Advanced Leadership phases i.e after your lead saying what you thought what you did well/bad and allowing your team members to assess your performance. What I really did not like was the number of 'injuries' preventing people taking part in the final race on Sennybridge, yet making a miraculous recovery the next night at the bop!