PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 7th Jun 2014, 20:35
Mal Drop

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Captain in #273 is not the same chap Smuj, to my addled brain he looks a bit like Simon T******* (NATO Reporting Name 'Ratty').

In the Bahrain Diplo I was sharing with D** T******* whose dear lady wife sent out a box of posh chocolates (a truly lovely and most excellent gesture but slightly compromised in practicality by the det being located five yards from the surface of the sun).

I do recall the co-pilot of another crew leaving the little 'room service' ticksheet on his skipper's door each morning. Said skipper (NATO Reporting Name 'Fingers') had a mortal fear of eggs and hence was less than delighted when every morning he was woken with a tray of eggs (scrambled. boiled (hard and soft), fried (easy, over, under), coddled, benedict, curried) and a brace of omelettes. The poor chap thought our crew was doing it which led to a shouting match of epic proportions in a lift and thence, hotel reception. The ovo-intolerant skipper was rotated out of theatre and the co-pilot (who was a thoroughly bon oeuf*) stayed on to a general thumbs-up.

* Yes, I know.