PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 7th Jun 2014, 20:09
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mal Drop,

Ahh what memories you revive, and is your Captain the chap I posted earlier #273 ? The end of Det bash in Riyadh was certainly a classic, and for the Bahrain bound crews, just the start. On arrival at the Diplomat, I was told to share a room with our Nav, Simon ******, who was a fellow smoker (I've since managed to stop). On night one, he decided that I was his batty, and left his flying boots on the end of my bed for cleaning each night. I duly placed them outside the door, and returned them to his bed in the morning when the hotel shoeshine team had done the business. At the end of the month, the Co presented our room with a bill for shoe shine services, which I handed straight to Simon, I wore the "brothel creeper" boots. I still have a battery operated toy drummer, given to me by the crew on our last night in Bahrain, a great Det, great people and some serious work done. Those pictures are so thought provoking though. Thanks mate.

Smudge