Old 7th Jun 2014, 18:58
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi

I've flown the later cherokee 6

I've flown the early, LOW TAIL, non turbo lance

I've flown the later, T TAIL, turbocharged lance

and

I've flown the Saratoga SP (retractable but turbocharged).

I don't have the numbers but I flew all of them from a 2500' runway at sea level, with 10 foot obstacles on both ends.

I've flown them all at max gross weight.

The saratoga has the warrior type wing and is very nice.

The T Tail turocharged lance is a very demanding airplane to fly. I checked out other pilots ( I was a cfiimei) and it took them a good deal of time to get competent in it..

The other two are very nice , and the retractable gear low tail lance might be 20 knots faster than the cherokee six. But you have to included the gear in your mx cost, and checklist! (though as you know, the pipers will put the gear down for you if you forget, if you let it).

with the planes you mention, I would go for the latest model you can find for many reasons. the saratoga would be my choice if money was not a factor. I live near tall mountains and would use the turbocharged version, but if you are mainly a sea level pilot, that isn't needed.

sorry I don't have numbers. Watch out for anything like zero fuel weight as it is important to use it in your calculations. Some will tell you that it is not important, I THINK IT IS.