PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 7th Jun 2014, 13:09
Mal Drop

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I managed 3 tours on the 'K' and ended up in some moderately odd places with a selection of the finest folk ever to grace this planet. Escapades including waking up in Deci to a thunderous banging on the door from a Nav who was perilously close to his advertised chocks time. He was visibly peeved and demanding to know where his flying suit was, I managed to cobble together a vague recollection of something massively (at the time) hilarious involving bottles of water. Confidently striding to his USAF accommodation, I opened the freezer compartment of his fridge and with a (possibly unwarranted) 'Ta-Da!' pulled out a perfectly frozen block of ice with a carefully folded gro-bag at its centre.

How we laughed...

Anyway, a few everyday objects seen from unusual angles.

That's not a catamaran - THIS is a catamaran!

When temporarily unaware of your location, see if you can gain a visual fix from a distinctive geographical feature. This may or may not have been a very slight detour on a sortie returning some 'special' people who had spent quite a bit of time in the badlands to their happy place. It made our DetCo do a frowny-face when we were a mite tardy in bringing Albert home.

Sightseeing in a fighty bit of Indonesia