PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 7th Jun 2014, 12:44
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
RatsorA

I have done no such thing.

I will say it again. My interest is in not seeing a repeat of this type of accident

While civilian pilots in Australian are encouraged - if not forced- to plan their flights past Williamtown in the least safe way I will keep on the pressure for change.

I have been contacted by relatives of the deceased and it's clear that while they would like the aircraft located - they also would not like to see this type of accident repeated - that is safety improvements were not made and in effect lives were lost for nothing.

It's interesting , I have not doubted that your prime motivation is to find the crash site so the relatives can have some form of closure and also give a proper burial for the deceased however you don't accept that I could have a genuine interest in making our skies safer.

In fact this is what I have been on about since I wrote "Two Years in the Aviation Hall of Doom " 30 years ago.

It is likely we will have more un necessary accidents in the Williamtown area if we don't allow our ATC's to have the most modern procedures and airspace classifications.

I have not hijacked anything. I have just acted in a way that will draw publicity to an outrageous restriction that can only reduce safety.

Last edited by Dick Smith; 7th Jun 2014 at 13:00.