PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 7th Jun 2014, 10:31
SURAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
23 Pages

Hi Guys,

First time poster on PPruNe and I have read the whole 23 Pages of this discussion with maximum interest. Apart from a little name calling, the discussion appears to center around the two topics:

1. Requesting Dick Smith apologise for stating that the RAAF sent five men to their deaths and;

2. Lifting the restrictions on WLM airspace.

Having read the transcripts and being fairly conversant with the details of VH-MDX I believe Mr Smith may be just a little bit out of line with his statement and no matter what he is trying to achieve, no matter what his motives or justification, I believe that he should apologise as the facts do not support his statement.

Not sure what lifting the planning restrictions on WLM airspace would achieve, as no matter what you have planned, you may still be instructed to hold or be given an alternate route due military requirements (range activations etc) and/or traffic.

Pity there is very limited input by people of what happened to MDX and where they think it is as that was supposed to be the main thrust of the program that started this thread. I for one am fascinated that it hasn't been found after all these years.