PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGCC to KMCO European
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2003, 23:48
tampabay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European

In response to "iwish" i was in NO WAY slagging off the pilots or staff on the flight, they tried to make the best of a bad situation. As well as training to be a pilot ( 20 hours in UK and 5 hours in US ) i have a fairly good knowledge of aviation and am about to go to university to study aeronautical engineering. I know that the aircraft European use are safe or else they wouldn't be flying (but some other holidaymakers would have their doubts ). The interiors leave much to be desired and if European want customers to come back i would suggest they do something about it. I would just be worried that since the aircraft are so old there may be THAT ONE flight too much for the plane and an accident happens, but then again you get what you pay for, fly BA, pay the extra and get a modern plane, simple. Also, if i was a little critical about the flight home its because the actual time i was awake that day ( roughly 36 hours ), wake up 8:00am EST, get to the airport at 17:00pm EST t/o around 19:30pm EST, come back and finally take-off ( the successful flight ) 10:00pm in very stormy weather, couldn't get to sleep on the plane due to VERY tight leg room and a figity old woman in front, arrive in Manchester 10:00am BST, takes about 2 hours to get out the airport due to baggage handler shift change and a fire alarm, then a grueling 5-6 hour journey back up to Glasgow ( where i live ) finally arrive home at 19:00pm BST and my head is so sore due to sleep deprivation, i cant get to sleep so i am up until around 01:00am BST