PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 6th Jun 2014, 22:35
Dora-9

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Yr right:

At the risk of going totally OT, while we're discussing your postings, there's this gem:

And when these ex military people leave and get into commercial operations they bring there same mentality of there previous service with them. They can't be told instructed anything. They are dangerous period I and many others will not employ them.
As Hempy has already alluded, this demonstrates how your blind anti-RAAF bias influences your opinions totally. One can only wonder why this is so.

But it's so childishly simplistic and demonstrably untrue.

I should stress that I'm civil-trained and have never been a member of the Armed Forces. I spent many years with a major (and notably high-standard) Asian airline where probably 40% of their pilots were ex RAAF, RAF or CAF, and subsequently with a much smaller outfit flying Lears here in Oz, but with a similar proportion of ex-RAAF pilots.

So where are the "many others who won't employ them"?? Discounting you personally employing people (a frightening concept), from my experience the few are usually small chickens**t outfits who generally have the mindset of "we're so good we don't need criticism" or are subconsciously aware of their sub-standard operation and don't want someone picking holes. But wait, could that include you?

Virtually all of these pilots I've found to be highly competent, mostly really good guys and a pleasure to fly/work with. Some remain close friends. Certainly there was the odd d**khead who knew everything/couldn't be told anything, but these guys exist in the civil/civil trained world too, and they're AT LEAST in the same proportion as the ex-service guys.

Take a moment please, to consider if you fit in this category. Or maybe it's your people skills (or lack thereof) at fault here...

Last edited by Dora-9; 7th Jun 2014 at 00:24. Reason: deleted word (negative where none intended).