PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Wright brothers just glided in 1903. They flew in 1908.
Old 6th Jun 2014, 15:13
eetrojan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you eetrojan the same as longer ron? Your styles are identical.
Uh no. Mr. longer ron is from Sussex in the U.K. whereas I am from Southern California in the U.S. We live thousands of miles apart. I once did a little work in a village called Steyning, and visited Brighton. Maybe we met one another.

One thing longer ron and I have in common, however, is that we both speak English as our native language. You, on the other hand, incorrectly interpreted "My respect ... went up..." to be an idiom that means loss of respect [003].

If English is a second language for you, it would explain quite a few of your misunderstandings.

What nationality are you? Is English your native tongue?

Yes, there is somebody running for max. 1 sec along the side of the right wing but he does not create the impression of pushing the plane. The theory that so many witnesses (who saw the plane in different days) had been misled by a guy running in the same direction with the plane and all reached the conclusion that the man had pushed the plane, running as fast as he could, is simply not credible. When somebody pushes a heavy object, he moves slowly and you can see the person struggling to make that thing (ex. a car) go forward.
In [198], you said "it was impossible to run along the side of the plane (see the video)... [for] even 0.5 sec .. This is ridiculous." Based on that unequivocal "analysis", you conclude that all of the Wright's witnesses "lied" about everything because Scientific American reported their use of words that relate to "pushing" - a plainly "impossible" thing to have seen in your mind.

So. You now acknowledge "there is somebody running for max. 1 sec along the side" (thank you for that concession), but oddly you still insist that it's "not credible" to conclude that all the witnesses were "misled" into believing the plane was being "pushed" based on a man running along side the plane while holding the wing. Thus it seems, you continue to cling to your wildly extrapolated thesis that those eleven witnesses "lied" and, therefore, everything about the Wright's pre-1908 flights is false.

Amazing insight you have, especially since your knowledge of what "all the witnesses" said is based on very thin hearsay evidence, namely Scientific American's hearsay summary that "From the replies received, it would seem that the aeroplane rested on a single rail 40 feet long, was pushed for a short distance by hand, ..." (emphasis added).

In my opinion, lay witnesses could plausibly describe a man who visibly runs with the aeroplane's wingtip, even if only for a second, as "pushing" the aeroplane.

I trust that you won't continue to dismiss all eleven witnesses as liars based on your misunderstanding of the scope of the English word "pushed."