PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEP at Ryanair
Thread: DEP at Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2014, 14:00
themanthelegend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is absolutely impossible to say how much a Ryanair captain earns. There's too many contracts and variations and laws affecting pay etc. It's a complete lottery and there's no jackpot either. Pay goes from zero to God knows what, fact. Rosters vary also, as base captain it's kind of mon to fri, as base tre it's mon to thurs (and fri sat sun if you like a bit of day off triggering lol) it's 5-4 or 5-3 depending on base and or contract status (days off even vary in base) and there's a few lucky guys (in my opinion) on 5-5 floating contracts. You can be lucky and get a good base with a good bc and trainers or you can end up somewhere in the sticks with a bc who reckons the boer war is still going on and an equally useless tre (until management show up and both behave impeccably) It can be a great place to work if all the pieces fit, and if you like being home every night think again, 'home' might not be where you imagine it's going to be hence the above comment about floating, at least that way you know where you stand. You'll get no leave in summer unless you are one of the above mentioned Bc or base tre but you'll have a month off in winter, if that's your thing. It's the way the business works so you just need to deal with that. Christmas same deal, although some do get December off. I think the company may indeed be in a bit of bother with people leaving so I think any dec candidate is in a good position to negotiate terms (I can see this really aggravating current eh, employees? Lol) as always the market dictates our t and c's, the market is good right now so make the most of it whilst it lasts fellas.