PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2014, 13:10
TCAS_Alert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to drive past EMA to get to BHX, but will always fly out of BHX while I can. The reason? A much more pleasurable experience - nicer airport, decent lounges, long stay parking within easy walking distance and a massive range of flight times to anywhere in Europe, either direct or indirect. EMA is so much more restrictive, plus you have to fly with Ryanair or FlyMayBe. An example: My next upcoming business trip to Berlin. EMA have a flight on a Monday and one on a Friday with Ryanair. BHX have 3-5 flight combinations, every day, through KLM alone. Brussels and Lufthansa provide additional connections, and of course there are 2 direct flights a day with Germanwings.

I had to fly out of EMA the other week for our holiday in Florida (travelling with in-laws who would only fly from the closest available airport). I have to say it was no better than the last time I flew out - very cramped, and like every other time I've flown in/out of EMA, long delays to check in and in the baggage hall. By the time you have parked in the long stay, waited for your bus and queued to check in at EMA, you could be at BHX.