PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 6th Jun 2014, 06:44
vfr on top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OKC I would have a lot more respect for you and your post if you could have refrained from resorting to insults. I've been in the airlines for 14 years and I have still managed to keep my rose tinted glasses. I call it positivity. Something that your miserable posts seem to lack. (whinge whinge whinge)

Ok I get it. The select few of you on this part time roster are happy. I know. I understand. Why wouldn't you be. I'm not arguing with that.

My issue is this. A handful of you are happy. We know that. But I am under the impression that a LOT of people are not. You are arguing that PBS is amazing. Yes it is, for YOU. But if the majority are unhappy with it and think it is unfair, would you like it changed to something that helps the WHOLE workforce and divides the flying to all of the crew? When I say fairer why not let us have a rolling bid system or something to that effect?

So back to my question, if the complaints are coming from the rest of the crew that they are tired, stressed, fatigued, it's dangerous etc etc (the same complaints you guys had only 7 months ago) would you give up your part time roster to help your colleagues? Would you vote that an equal system should be put in place?

Or 'I'm alright jack'

Judging by the angry responses above unfortunately I believe I know the answer already

My gripe is not with seniority. Reward longevity and loyalty yes. But at what cost? Dividing the crew up in to groups that are so exhausted verses a crew that has so much time off they don't know what to do with themselves is a bit overkill to the seniority system.