PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vestibular Migraine / MAV
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2014, 02:21
Nylock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly - I would like to thank those who have PM 'd me with their experiences and some success stories. I very much appreciate the willingness to share, along with the concern and thoughtfulness that people have shown to me - yet do not know or have not even met me. A word such as "generosity" comes to mind - so thank you all.

What was it about your pathophysiology that has led to the problem occurring now?
I have absolutely no idea! Maybe just getting old (just hit over 40).....you know a few stray grays (I call it blonde) speckles in the hair! Nothing else has changed that I am aware of. In fact, life was going along better than ever on all fronts.

Neurologists are probably right, and the kicker is the frequency of the attacks and the sudden onset of the symptoms, and their aviation risky nature. - thats the part that has the aviation doctors having to exclude you.
Yes - afraid that is so.

The medication has helped gently in terms of frequency and intensity of headaches - but a constant base line of disequilibrium / fog in the head persists. Degree varies - sometimes to the point I do not drive a car, some days kind of reasonable - but never back to normal.

The medication has slowed me down incredibly. Even if the meds fixed the problem - I think it would be difficult to fly whilst on some of this stuff.

I do have to say - the life changing events between losing my job at work and redefining my role within my family has been a very stressful time - probably the most stressful thing I have ever done. Especially with an uncertain future. As has the concept of accepting a diagnosis without a scan or pathology report to point at.

In any case - not giving up - still working the problem.