PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 7 Sunday Night Program About VH-MDX
Old 6th Jun 2014, 00:52
evilroy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't it true that MDX wasn't ever granted a clearance or the chance of a clearance through VMC Willy, and wasn't told that the reason was that Syd CTA was non VMC? I wonder when he was going to be told this piece of trivia? Once he was holding at MQD? I won't say that the infomation was "withheld " as all of this was happening in real time and under pressure but it wasn't passed on either. If getting through Willy wasn't such an issue, and it shouldn't be, the real reason would have been made apparent to the pilot of MDX?
Bill,

No, that is not correct.

0854.20 FIS: "Mike Delta X-Ray, Sydney - I have checked with Sydney Control and they advise their airspace high level is non-VMC; a clearance at lower level may be available, I will advise, so would you prefer to take that or track now via Craven, Singleton?"

MDX: "Mike Delta X-Ray, I prefer to go coastal."

FIS: " <snip> ... remain outside controlled airspace, I will advise clearance as soon as possible."

0855.09 MDX: "Ah, Mike Delta X-Ray, we're coming up on it pretty shortly."

FIS: "Mike Delta X-Ray, roger, remain outside controlled airspace, I am attempting to get an airways clearance."

0856.00 MDX: "Mike Delta X-Ray, rather than wait for the clearance, we'll track via Craven, thank you."
How much clearer can it be? He waited less than a minute then decided to resume original flight planned route.

I strongly urge people to look at the online transcript themselves, so they know what was and what was not said. Dick is not telling you everything and is making errors when mentioning other bits.

Last edited by evilroy; 6th Jun 2014 at 00:53. Reason: Enhance formatting